Wondering whether it’s time to move on from your job? Thinking about what it takes to step up into a leadership role? Is there a way to prepare for your next role, ahead of time?
Don’t just day-dream, imagine yourself successful in your dream job 2 years from now and ask yourself these 10 questions:
- What are your role purpose and priorities?
- What do you do differently?
- What have you stopped doing?
- How do you behave differently?
- Who is in your network?
- How have you built new relationships with colleagues?
- What do your colleagues think about you?
- What has been your biggest achievement this year?
- What have you learned?
- What insight does this vision give you about how you can begin today to develop your skills, networks and leadership behaviours?
To bring anything into your life, imagine that it’s already there.