Came across this recently and really liked it so thought I’d share – Kelly Mooney’s Ten Demandments: what customers want, without all the nonsense of setting measurable targets.
- Earn my trust through respect, integrity, advocacy and quality.
- Inspire me through immersive experiences, motivating messages and related philanthropy.
- Make it easy with simplicity, speed and usefulness.
- Put me in charge of making choices and give me control.
- Guide me with expert advice, education and information.
- Give me 24/7 access, from anywhere, at anytime.
- Get to know me — listen, learn and study me, the real consumer, not just data.
- Exceed my expectations with uncommon courtesies and surprising services.
- Reward me with points programs, privileges of access or other worthwhile extras.
- Stay with me with follow through and meaningful follow-up.